Monday, May 24

Dogs and food. Such is our life.

This is the man that waves to us every morning.  We do not know who he is, nor have we ever bothered to read the plaque.  You may be thinking "Stupid American, no respect for culture", the real reason is I am embarrassed to know who he is .  Each morning as he so gallantly greets us, Oliver says hello to him also.
In his very doggie way. 


And then we sheepishly sneek by, hoping he is not a national hero.  Better the statue than someone's vespa or bicycle which Ollie would prefer.  Then they really give us the dirty looks.

When we get home, we put our Moka maker :) on, and then the daily battle begins.  Who will eat first, us, pack leaders, or the dogs, greedy beasts... Often, we end up taking it in turns.  Who can resist such attention.
That tongue speaks volumes... And those eyes.....
Just to make sure we got the idea, a good woof is always appropriate in such situations. 

 They love their food, and the butcher loves us!  A few kilos of ground beef, and a couple chickens.  The dogs certainly eat better than we do!

For us, we make do:
Fresh fettucini, strips of asparagus and asparagus spears.  With some prosciutto sliced up for colour.  Turned out beautifully, with cream and cheese!

This is something very special, that I am willing to share with the ether: http://www.jannekes.eu/frisian/sugarbread.html
A recipe for the most delicious Sûkerbole, my new favourite thing.  Moist on the inside, sugary crunch on the outside, and a caramelized bottom.  This was the best breakfast, lunch, and dinner I have ever had. Should I find the pearl sugar the recipe calls for, I am sure it will be even better, but until then.  Yum.  I mixed in some rosemary and dried strawberries and mushed up some fresh ginger, since I had no cinnamon, but I am fairly certain it will be delicious however it is made. I think I will have to make this again tonight!





1 comment:

  1. The pasta looks delicious!!! I want to make that.
    its good see Oliver likes the sight seeing. . . even leaves them with a special mark . . .haha

    ReplyDelete